Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Mobile

Believe it or not, I am actually mobile blogging right now. I am on Amtrak somewhere in Connecticut. I think I have officially crossed the line into Red Sox country because everyone suddenly got friendlier and louder.

I've been passing the time by catching up on magazines and I was struck by a woman's description of herself in NY Magazine's Look Book page. A really lovely looking redhead calls her own personal style 'disheveled aristocrat'. Now, I know they have brilliant editors at NY Mag but did this lady come up with this on the spot? I now have a new, irrational, neurotic fear that I will be stopped one day on the street to be photographed and interviewed but I won't know how to sum up my appearance in less than 10 syllables.

I've been brainstorming oxymorons and the best I have come up with so far is Sparkly Degenerate Yuppie. Sort of sums it up but I don't know if even Time Out New York would run that.

No comments: