Monday, November 5, 2007

Glamour Women of the Year Awards



Oh, Stephen Colbert! There are only two men in the world that both my mother and I have had equal crushes over and one of them is Stephen Colbert. Neither of us will ever have him and sadly, Antonio Banderas is also married.

He made my night by introducing Nancy Pelosi at the Glamour Women of the Year awards ceremony tonight. It was somewhat of a shock since she recently told members of congress that they should NOT appear on the Colbert Report. Guess she still has a good sense of humor.

Mariah Carey opened the ceremony with a hot black dress and a rhinestone microphone, staggering in height over the African Children's Choir. Toni Morrison accepted a Lifetime Achievement and her presenter, Fran Leibowitz, was hysterical! Diane Sawyer presented to Donna Karan and looked amazing - I have no idea how old she is but she sure is looking good!

But for me, the most exciting part of the night was when I spotted Ben Affleck cornered by the elevators at Lincoln Center. The massive crush I had on him from the late 90's to early 00's came flooding back in a heartbeat. I felt equal guilt on crushing over a married man who came to support his wife, Jennifer Gardner, for being THE woman of the year. It seems as thought tonight all the good men were taken!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love that picture. He looks like a giant.