Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Drummers

So my drummer boyfriend recently moved out of the apartment and into a new living arrangement about 4 blocks away from me. I guess that's all the space I am going to be getting for right now. He is now living with a good friend of his and HIS friend, the drummer for Albert Hammond Jr.'s band.

What I recently found out is that, this fella has been living at the Strokes drummer, Fabrizio Moretti's, pad for sometime now. Apparently, when Fab was dating Drew Barrymore he spent most of his time at her place so he could rent out his apartment to the AHJr drummer. Since the place is big enough for two, they were both living there for a while, from what I'm told. But, of course, eventually he wanted to find his own place.

What I find interesting about this is how all these circumstances create opportunities for all these drummers to move around. Had Drew Barrymore not broken up with Fab, my ex-boyfrend would probably still be living with me, looking for a 1-bedroom in Manhattan for $1200 (which doesn't exist) because his friend would have never started looking for places without the AHJr drummer.

I'm glad that my ex is living in a nice apartment with good people who share similar interests, like drumming. Frankly, I'd be worrying about him if he were alone all the time. But, in the end, there are two people alone in this situation. Me... and Fab.

FAB! Call me!!!

1 comment:

ChristineM said...

Haha! He is a cutie actually.