Thursday, November 22, 2007

Gorgeous Global Warming

Thanksgiving was spent at a restaurant that served marshmallows on their sweet potatoes and a wine list an hour too late to be very useful. Its nice to not have a kitchen cleanup but I didn't count on not having leftovers to eat for dinner.
I've gotten used to having anything I want at just a phone call away in New York and now, in New England, with everything but movie theaters closed down for miles around, my stomach is starting to grumble.
On the bright side, autumn came late this year and the foliage is still hanging onto the trees. I don't think I've ever come home for Thanksgiving to see these beautiful, red Japanese Maple leaves still so bright and fresh. If I can get my hands on some pumpkin ice cream before this trip is over it will be worthwhile!

No comments: