Sunday, January 20, 2008

"Quotes."!!!?

It amazes me that, in the months that I have been blogging, the most comments I have received so far have been in response to a post in which I mentioned placement of a period when using quotation marks. Apparently, my ex even informed me that I misquoted him and corrected me:

"I always put the period inside the quotes. Commas also go inside. But question marks and exclamation marks go outside (unless part of the quote itself)."

I find this all especially amusing because the post was about Tom Cruise and Scientology - not one person contacted me regarding that subject! I fully expect to get an email now regarding my misuse of commas and my overuse of exclamation marks!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Eh, everybody knows crazy when they see it. But if it's comments you're after, you gotta bring it with the real controversy.

xx Robin