Saturday, December 8, 2007

Drunk Santas in New York City

Its that joyous time of year again when thousands of people take to the streets dressed up as Santa and get hammered. New York City's annual Santacon found me when I walked through Tompkins Square Park in the East Village today. One dirty, drunk Santa-man told me he was recruiting elves to work in his workshop (wink, wink) and asked if I was interested. I was in such a holiday spirit that I told him maybe next year! Check out this crappy video that I took while walking through the crowd. My favorite Santa might be the woman with the cigarette singing her version of Mickey: "Hey Santa, you're so fine! You're so fine, you blow my mind - hey SANTA!" I wanted to hold the camera on her longer but I was afraid she might kick the shit out of me. But that's why I love New York!

No comments: