Friday, June 13, 2008

Pizza Prices on the Rise

I was horrified to find out that a slice of cheese pizza at Ben's Pizza on Spring Street costs $2.75!!! Is the price of wheat really skyrocketing that much? Well I'll tell you this: that $2.75 was totally worth it because the pizza was DELISH. It was worth it despite having to deal with the drunk, post-college fratboys (who I can only assume were visiting from Hoboken or the Upper East Side) who insulted my friend and who actually tried to wrestle the Mario-esque pizza-man statue outside the pizzeria. I guess this is why they lock their doors and only serve through a window after a certain hour.

The $2.35 at Ray's Pizza on Houston (which one, you ask? The one closest to Ludlow.) seemed more reasonable but really couldn't compare in flavor. At least we were allowed to sit down and avoid more drunken harassment from entry-level finance guys!

No comments: